Kentucky community mourns after coach electrocuted in freak accident

Published 8:13 am Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Residents of Estill County and Kentucky high school baseball followers are mourning the loss of a local baseball coach after a freak accident at his home Sunday.

Blake Crowe, a high school baseball coach and algebra teacher in Estill County, was electrocuted Sunday night after a flag pole in his yard fell, hit an electrical wire.

WKYT News reports that Crowe tried to fix the flag pole, but was electrocuted in the process. Crowe died at Marcum and Wallace Hospital.’\

A GoFundMe account has been set up to help Crowe’s wife and two children. Click here for a link to the account. 

“Our community has lost a great young man. A loving son and brother, dedicated husband, father, friend and an aspiring baseball coach,” the baseball team posted on Facebook. “Blake Crowe…..a devoted family man and loved his community and his Engineers. He had energy, enthusiasm and a love for baseball and the kids. He reminded his team to be humble, love one another, be family and live for today, tomorrow is not promised.”

The district activated has activated its crisis team and counselors will be available to help students and staff.