Kentucky Woman who reportedly nearly drives over deputies on Interstate found with drugs
Published 5:59 am Thursday, January 28, 2021
A Kentucky woman was arrested on multiple drug charges after she reportedly nearly missed hitting deputies and a tow truck operator attending to car accident on Interstate 75 early Wednesday morning.
Lisa Gwen Anderson, 53, of Corbin was charged with multiple drug charges and traffic offenses.
Laurel County Sheriff John Root reported that deputies Justin Taylor along with Landry Collett arrested Anderson at approximately 1:32 a.m. Wednesday.
The arrest occurred on I–75 near exit 49 at Highway 909 northbound after deputies reported that this individual was operating a gray Dodge Ram pickup that allegedly nearly struck deputies and a tow truck operator at a traffic crash investigation at the 42 mile marker.
Deputies reported that this suspect vehicle failed to move over at the crash site. One deputy on scene at the earlier traffic crash was able to catch up to the suspect vehicle conducting a traffic stop.
During the investigation there the driver was found in possession of suspected Methamphetamine, and pills and was determined through investigation to be under the influence.
Lisa Anderson was charged with:
- Failure to give right of way to emergency stopped vehicle
- Reckless driving
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence – first offense
- Possession of a Controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Methamphetamine
- Possession of Drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a Controlled substance – second-degree
- Possession of a Controlled substance – third-degree
- Prescription controlled substances not in proper container – first offense.
Anderson was booked into the Laurel County Correctional Center.